Around the World in 80 Days - Illustration by Alphonse de Neuville and/or Léon Benett
- 1:Your native language.
- 2:Which languages you know.
English, Farsi, Arabic, Hindi. A little Pashtu and Spanish
- 3:Which languages you are learning, or want to learn.
I’m still perfecting my Arabic and trying to learn Pashtu
- 4:Does anyone in your family speak a language that you don’t?
Yes, my father speaks more than 20 languages fluently mashAllah
- 5:Your favourite language to listen to.
- 6:Your least favourite language to listen to.
- 7:Your favourite word in your native language.
Burrooooo - it means Get Outta Here, or just ‘Go’
- 8:Your favourite word in your second language(if you know one).
- 9:Your favourite word in a language you don’t really speak.
'patakidon' in Pashtu, it means Wallet lol
- 10:A list of your favourite words in any language.
- 11:A song you like in a language other than English.
Oh theres tons baby. Hmm, Any Arabic song. Any Hindi song. Any Afghan song. Any Turkish song etc etc
- 12:If you could pick one language to learn automatically without having to work for it, which language would you choose?
Pashtu…I’m a disgrace to my family. And if I already knew that, French!!
- 13:Have you ever seen a whole movie in a language you don’t understand?
Yupp - all the time! I particularly like “Sukar Banat” or Caramel, which is a Lebanese movie I watched when I didn’t understand Arabic.
- 14:A language you like, but wouldn’t put the effort into learning.
- 15:Write a short introduction of yourself in a language other than English.
Salaam, ma fatima astum. As afghanistan astum wa nafehmahmum ka chee nushta kunum eenjha. Yeah, buroo khadah hafiz :)
his wink tho.
You see their eyes flooding with tears for they recognized the truth.
Surat Al-Mā’idah (The Table Spread), ayat 83. (via eibmorb)